...Cleaver that is... and I'm okay with that! With all of her glorious motherly ways.
I want to be the mom who bakes, sews and knits.
The only issue is... I don't really do any of those things well, so here's me sharing with you all my 101's.
Laugh with me or at me, I don't care. I just hope I can evolve during this process!

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Ravelry

As I'm a total nerd when it comes to... uhm... anything, I could not believe my New Knitting Nerd Goddess Luck when I came upon Ravelry.

Its a web site for those who enjoy the ancient art of knitting or crochet. Oh yes, I said it. Ancient Art! I mean, think about it, someone sat down, expanded on weaving, and started making cool stuff with their bare hands and looms. Then moving to sticks. Who did this? Maybe a community of women? One woman who wanted something more? Maybe she forced all the pre-teens to sit and fiddle until they came up with something close to what we know as knitting today? Maybe one of those kids came up with new and amazing ways to weave and twine on sticks and... and the matriarch took the credit! Oh the scandal.


And then, who said lets shave a sheep for wool and card it and rove it. Did I miss a huge step in there? It really is amazing that these ideas came from some creative and curious mind!

Anyway, I digress and you could probably just look it up on Wikipedia.
Ravelry is a way for knitters to join around the globe with their favourite patterns and yarns. To discuss problems and solutions. But what I like the best is it is a way to Catalogue your projects. You can Queue up projects that you plan on making. Or you can add Favourites just to oggle. Maybe those favourites will make it to your queue in the future. Add photos to your projects and a comment.

Maybe you have a ridiculous amount of yarn that you've collected from sales or it was just too yummy to pass up. But what do you do with it? You can look up all sorts of patterns to use up your yarn! I hope I get there one day. A stash of yarn all dying to be used. = )

In the meantime, visit my Ravelry page to see my one and only project listed there so far.

More Like June Ravelry

1 comment:

  1. ahhaha... Oh you are funny ! ..and what a great project it is, I will also say that I'm so glad I'm 1 of your 3 friends on there ;D ..clearly there are so many out there missing out on your wit and charm, I'm the lucky one to have found you ;D x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me happy.