|I came across this pattern on Ravelry via Pinterest. And knew I had to knit it up.|
I was lacking natural light for the photos so I apologize for their quality.
It is a pretty basic pattern that I figured I could start with. It could have turned out lovely.
A few things happened. I used a 100% acrylic that I found at Michael's in the discount bin.
*siren* Big mistake. I've learned my lesson on that thank you very much.
EDIT: Its not that acrylic doesn't have its place in this world... maybe just not on my needles...
I had hard time knitting the sleeves on double point needles. I just couldn't pull the stitches tight enough from needle to needle. Never mind trying to boss around 4 needles at once! Holy hanna it ain't easy. I mean look at this picture below. Its like trying to paint a beautiful canvas with a bunch of mosquitoes nipping at your ears but you need your hands to paint, then swat, then paint, then... see what I'm saying?
Then, by the time I finished it my daughter had fattened up so much (from her high fat diet instructed by the doc) that its a wee bit tight on her. Even for a two button style.
|Proud girl modeling. Its hard to get her to sit still now though!|
And while digging through my buttons my sister and I found these gorgeous vintage looking ones that would have been perfect. They have a mother of pearl finish to them. But they will be used another time!
|Here's how they would have looked.|
|The change in stitching is from the needle to needle transfer. And can't be fixed with washing.|
|And this is how it looks laid out. Too messy.|
So I have gotten some new yarn. More in keeping with the type used in the pattern. A mustard yellow that I hope will block out better in the end to cover the gaps and errors. And if not, well, I'll just keep trying darnit!