...Cleaver that is... and I'm okay with that! With all of her glorious motherly ways.
I want to be the mom who bakes, sews and knits.
The only issue is... I don't really do any of those things well, so here's me sharing with you all my 101's.
Laugh with me or at me, I don't care. I just hope I can evolve during this process!

Friday 20 May 2011

An Honour

When I declared I was going to start knitting my mom handed me her original set of needles that my dad bought her. I can't tell you exactly what year they're from but you can tell they did their rounds and made very many loved pieces! I remember this set very well from my childhood.

As my first two projects have required circular needles I haven't had the pleasure of knitting with these yet, but soon...

Thanks mom! x0



Still has the original needle gauge guide!

2 comments:

  1. I love these pics!
    What an awesome set and what better way to start knitting than to use needles passed down from your own mama!
    Pressure's On - Get knitting!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love these - how cool ! all in a lovely carry case and all and there is a beautiful story behind them - love that :D

    I only knit on circulars but these are very special and if they were mine I would from time top time pull them out and use them, they're lovely !

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me happy.