...Cleaver that is... and I'm okay with that! With all of her glorious motherly ways.
I want to be the mom who bakes, sews and knits.
The only issue is... I don't really do any of those things well, so here's me sharing with you all my 101's.
Laugh with me or at me, I don't care. I just hope I can evolve during this process!

Sunday 20 May 2012

Fabric Love



For the past 3 weekends my fabric shopping has been put on hold for various reasons but yesterday I booked time and went out. I have a place not too far that is pretty huge that I usually hit but wouldn't you know, when I street parked a block away from it I found myself in front of a place called 'the workroom'. A folding street sign is all I saw. I've never noticed the place before. Its been there 4 years! How could this be? (Because I don't go out for strolls outside my own direct hood since I had my first baby in 2008). Sad sad.

But now, I have a new fave fabric place. Its so beautifully organized and simple. AND if I should want for a workshop sewing course, voila, a great space to go.

If I'd thought to pull out my phone to take photos I could show you their wall of super colour organized cotton prints. Instead I'll insert a screen shot from their website to give you an idea.

This is how I need a fabric shop laid out.
I found all four fabric project prints here. For the record, I did pop out to the originally planned place of business but their layout and crowds and prices turned me away. After finding this quiet little place I think this is now my go-to shop.

So what did I buy?


Alexandre Henry: In The Kitchen: Red Tea ABC Cookery for a sling shelf for the kid's room. Had to be unisex and in a colourway that would somewhat match the room. And I love this.
Lily Ashbury: Tradewinds: Malabar Green Ornament. Bean Bag Chair fabric. The kids should have some fun seats in our living room. And washable.
And from the same collection this fabulous fabric to recover an old stereo console that needs a drastic pick-me up. Lily Ashbury: Tradewinds: South Pacific Jaipur


I got this old console years ago for a great deal through a friend who upcycles anything she can get her hands on. Unfortunately the stereo isn't functioning but one day I hope I can afford to have it looked at. The right hand door is the speaker and the left opens to show the radio and some shelves. I've been thinking about painting it but realized new fabric would be the better choice. I love this cabinet, the handles, the peg legs... and I can't wait to show off the upgrade as it will be my first project!



I also got a Kona Sold Cotton: Medium Grey to make myself a pleated skirt. My sister made it in the chevron and its fab. But I need a straight up none pattern in my wardrobe now that I'm back at work.

I hope to have updates soon! It IS the long weekend and all...

1 comment:

  1. I see where I'm visiting in the next week... NEED that Alexander Henry fabric. Cute!
    That store is dangerous for me - WAY too many beautiful fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me happy.