Its called "Just Enough Ruffles Scarf" and this is the photo with the pattern.
So a bit of what happened whilst knitting the sucker!...
Six rows in of 200 stitches I had to frog it. (Rip it out!) I'd done Garter instead of Stockinette. As a novice this is an instruction I read incorrectly.
Then about 10 rows near the end I had to rip out as many rows... with wraps! This time I'd picked up the wraps wrong here and there and also managed to have NO clue on how to increase stitches 3:1 (kfbf).
I ended up asking my mom of all people, while we were visiting for Christmas, how to increase 3 stitches from just one! She might have known it might be for her but she still had no idea what she would be getting!
And then while at her place she was peaking at my yarns and happened to pull out the ball for her scarf and complemented it. Its a Jo Sharp. 'Silk Road Ultra' 85% Wool, 10% Silk, 5% Cashmere.
I smiled. A good start to her gift!
It took longer than expected. I didn't finish it until January 6th, but the reality is, it needed the love and care. The only thing that got frustrating was managing 600 stitches on the circular length suggested. I don't know if they even come longer, but wow, most of my time was spent reshuffling the stitches every 20 or so.
Boy this scarf kicked my butt! I liked it though and needed to up the ante.
But this one also felt harder because the person I usually ask for help was the recipient. A lot of YouTube videos came in handy and cheering on from my knitting pen pal 1funkyknitwit!
|Blocking. I had to improvise and use the hall in our lower level. I pushed pins through to the underpadding to hold it in place.|
You can also see it on Ravelry.